Makes: 6 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This delicious pasta salad recipe is made with zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula and chunk light tuna, which is lower in mercury than white albacore tuna. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving. If you’re looking for an environmentally sustainable canned tuna option, check the label—tuna that was caught by troll or pole-and-line is considered the best choice, according to Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program. Or look for the blue Certified Sustainable Seafood label from the Marine Stewardship Council.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) whole-wheat fusilli
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup diced zucchini, (about 1 medium)
- 2 5-ounce can chunk light tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To prepare dressing: Combine oil, broth, vinegar, basil, shallots, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. (Or whisk in a bowl.)
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add arugula, zucchini, tuna, cheese, tomatoes, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 285
- % Daily values *
- 15% Saturated Fat 3g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- 5% Cholesterol 15mg
- 10% Potassium 354mg
- 17% Sodium 401mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 34% Protein 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.