Makes: 4 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Here we toss grilled tuna with pasta, artichoke hearts, green olives and tomatoes. Grilling the tuna gives this ultra-fresh pasta dish a subtle smokiness. But if you’re pressed for time, try canned tuna in place of the grilled fish.
- 8 ounces tuna steak, cut into 3 pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces whole-wheat gobbetti, rotini or penne pasta
- 1 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or parsley for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Toss tuna pieces in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill the tuna until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, flake the tuna into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts, olives, garlic and the remaining rosemary. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down and the wine has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes more. Stir in the pasta, tuna pieces, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with basil (or parsley), if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 421
- % Daily values *
- 10% Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 11g
- 9% Cholesterol 26mg
- 21% Potassium 720mg
- 20% Sodium 489mg
- 36% Dietary Fiber 9g
- 44% Protein 22g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.