Makes: 4 servings, 1 chop & 1/4 cup relish each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours (including 2 hours marinating time)
Take 5 minutes in the morning to get these pork chops marinating so they're ready to grill the same night or even the next day.
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, (see Ingredient Note)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- To marinate: Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag. Whisk soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Add the marinade to the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To prepare relish: About 20 minutes before grilling the pork, combine blueberries, shallot, chile, cilantro, lime juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove the pork chops from the marinade (discard marinade). Grill the chops 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the relish.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the pork (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
Ingredient Note: The "cooking sherry" sold in many supermarkets can be surprisingly high in sodium. We prefer dry sherry, sold with other fortified wines in your wine or liquor store.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 208
- % Daily values *
- 10% Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 28% Cholesterol 83mg
- 12% Potassium 423mg
- 10% Sodium 251mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 54% Protein 27g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.