Makes: 4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 25 minutes (including cauliflower-cooking time)
Total Time: 1 hour
The salty, lemony and spicy flavors make each cauliflower floret "pop" in your mouth. This chilled salad is a great accompaniment for a sandwich, grilled meats or even pot roast.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lemon, zested (2 teaspoons) and juiced (2 tablespoons)
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets, (about 1 head), cooked until tender-crisp (see Tip)
- Whisk garlic, capers, oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss to coat. Chill the salad for 30 minutes, or overnight. Serve cold.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Tip: To cook florets: In a steamer basket, cover and steam 8 to 10 minutes for tender-crisp or 15 minutes for very tender. Or microwave, covered, with 1/4 cup water for 2 to 4 minutes for tender-crisp or 3 to 5 minutes for tender. A 2-pound head of cauliflower yields about 8 cups bite-size florets.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 113
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 8% Potassium 294mg
- 7% Sodium 158mg
- 20% Dietary Fiber 5g
- 8% Protein 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.