Makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Sweet potatoes can be eaten raw as well as cooked. Here they star in a sprightly slaw, a quick and light accompaniment for simple poached or steamed fish.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled sweet potato, (about 1 large)
- 3 cups thinly shredded napa, or Savoy cabbage
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced serrano, or jalapeno pepper with seeds (optional)
- Whisk canola oil, lime juice, sesame oil and salt in a large bowl. Add sweet potato, cabbage, scallions and serrano (or jalapeno), if using; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate dressing and slaw separately for up to 1 day; toss together just before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 81
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 3% Potassium 104mg
- 9% Sodium 212mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 2% Protein 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.