Makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes (if using peeled shrimp)
Total Time: 45 minutes
This one-pan stir-fry is an Indian feast of sweet shrimp, perfumy mangoes and spicy basil. It's guaranteed to evoke dinnertime oohs and ahhs. Carbs are a time-tested way to take the pop out of the heat, so make sure you have plenty of aromatic jasmine rice to go with this fiery dish. Use prepeeled shrimp to make preparation a breeze.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (see Tip)
- 1 bunch scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Toss shrimp with salt, cayenne to taste and turmeric in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; place the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the undersides turn salmon-pink, about 1 minute. Flip them over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add mango, scallion greens and basil and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just cooked and starts to barely curl, 1 to 2 minutes.
Tips & Notes
Tip: How to cut a mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice
the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 182
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 56% Cholesterol 168mg
- 14% Potassium 474mg
- 15% Sodium 352mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 40% Protein 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.