Makes: 6 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of mushrooms. Here they are paired with full-flavored sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions. Using a variety of mixed mushrooms makes this dish special (and delicious). Serve with Ginger-Steamed Fish with Troy’s Hana-Style Sauce and rice noodles.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake (stemmed), oyster and white, thickly sliced
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushrooms and scallions and toss to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add seeds and stir constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 118
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 17% Potassium 610mg
- 7% Sodium 157mg
- 16% Dietary Fiber 4g
- 10% Protein 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.