Makes: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
A quick trip to a hot oven, combined with a drizzle of lemony dressing, brings bok choy to the table in no time at all.
- 4 heads baby bok choy, (1 1/4 pounds), trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon mirin, (see Note)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss bok choy, oil, garlic and salt in a roasting pan. Roast on lowest rack, stirring twice, until wilted and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes. Whisk lemon zest and juice, tarragon, mirin and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over the roasted bok choy.
Tips & Notes
Note: Mirin is a low-alcohol rice wine essential to Japanese cooking. Look for it in your supermarket with the Asian or gourmet ingredients. An equal portion of sherry or white wine with a pinch of sugar may be substituted.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 58
- % Daily values *
- 0% Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 0% Potassium 12mg
- 5% Sodium 110mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 2% Protein 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.