Makes: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Add a little shallot and dried dill or tarragon to any mixture of frozen vegetables and have a delicious side dish on the table fast. If you’d like to make this recipe with fresh vegetables instead, cut them into bite-size pieces and add a tablespoon or two of water to the skillet when you add the vegetables; adjust the cooking time as needed.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cups mixed frozen vegetables, such as corn, carrots and green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, or tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in dill (or tarragon), salt and pepper.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 107
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 8% Potassium 294mg
- 7% Sodium 178mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 6% Protein 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.