Makes: 8 servings, generous 1 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Enjoy this crunchy, refreshing alternative to mayonnaise-based coleslaw on a taco or on the side.
- 6 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage, (about 1/2 head) (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots, (2-3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp. Let drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add cabbage and carrots; toss well to coat.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Toss again to refresh just before serving.
Tip: To make this coleslaw even faster, use a coleslaw mix containing cabbage and carrots from the produce section of the supermarket.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 53
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 5% Potassium 159mg
- 4% Sodium 97mg
- 8% Dietary Fiber 2g
- 2% Protein 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.