Makes: 8 servings, about 1.5 ounces each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (including 1 hour marinating time)
Tangy, mildly spicy and tender, this chicken is delicious with black beans and salsa.
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, tenders removed
- Whisk lime juice, oil, vinegar, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Stir in jalapeno. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over it, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly; thinly slice crosswise. Serve warm or chilled.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for up to 1 day and/or refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 1 day. Slice just before serving.
To oil a grill: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 69
- % Daily values *
- 0% Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- 10% Cholesterol 31mg
- 3% Potassium 98mg
- 2% Sodium 46mg
- 0% Dietary Fiber 0g
- 22% Protein 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.