Makes: 8 servings, 1/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This stunning yet easy appetizer recipe infuses creamy ricotta with fresh herbs and lemon. Serve with whole-grain crackers and cut-up vegetables or use as a spread for sandwiches or sauce for pasta.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons thyme, shallot (or chives), lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a food processor. Puree for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and swirl the top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 88
- % Daily values *
- 15% Saturated Fat 3g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- 5% Cholesterol 16mg
- 2% Potassium 85mg
- 9% Sodium 212mg
- 0% Dietary Fiber 0g
- 12% Protein 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.