Makes: 4 servings, a generous 1 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This slaw, a combination of cabbage, red bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots, is tossed with a dressing full of the classic flavors of Chinese hot-and-sour soup. Serve with grilled pork tenderloin and a glass of Riesling.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3 cups shredded napa, or green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained and thinly sliced
- Whisk rice vinegar, reduced-sodium soy sauce, oil, ginger, white pepper and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add napa (or green cabbage) bell pepper, scallions and bamboo shoots; toss to coat.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 64
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 6% Potassium 208mg
- 5% Sodium 112mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 4% Protein 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.