Makes: 6 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes (including 2 hours marinating time)
Crisp on the outside and buttery-tender on the inside, these sweet and spicy soy sauce-marinated pork tenderloin medallions make for a delicious, healthful and elegant entree. Serve with snow peas, brown rice and Sour Mango Salad on the side.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red Thai chile (see Note) or cayenne chile pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch-thick medallions
- Whisk soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in garlic, ginger, chile and oil.
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and seal the bag, squeezing air out. Turn the bag to coat the medallions. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning the bag once to redistribute the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the pork from the marinade. (Discard marinade.) Grill the medallions until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Tips & Notes
Note: Thai chiles can be red or green, are only about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/4-inch or less in diameter. They are on the high end of the heat scale. Find them in Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute fresh cayenne chiles or 1/2 teaspoon or more to taste of purchased chile sauce, such as sriracha. Fresh chiles can be frozen, in a air-tight, for up to 3 months.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 131
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- 25% Cholesterol 74mg
- 13% Potassium 460mg
- 5% Sodium 117mg
- 0% Dietary Fiber 0g
- 48% Protein 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.