Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This grilled pork dish offers a triple hit of the fruit with an apricot preserve glaze for the tenderloin plus a grilled apricot and watercress salad with an apricot-spiked vinaigrette. Serve with a chilled Chardonnay, which will harmonize beautifully with the smoky-sweetness of grilled apricots.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves, divided
- 4 ripe but firm fresh apricots or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 4- to 5-ounce bag watercress, or baby arugula (about 8 cups)
- Preheat grill to high.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the pork, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes. Brush the pork with 2 tablespoons preserves and continue grilling until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 145°F, 2 to 5 minutes more. Grill apricot (or nectarine) halves on the coolest part of the grill, turning occasionally, until tender and marked, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pork and apricots to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon preserves, vinegar, shallot, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Cut the fruit into wedges and add to the dressing along with watercress (or arugula); toss to coat. Thinly slice the pork. Serve the salad with the sliced pork.
Tips & Notes
Tip: To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Don’t use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 247
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g
- 25% Cholesterol 74mg
- 19% Potassium 653mg
- 15% Sodium 363mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 50% Protein 25g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.