Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook chicken tenders quickly on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro and sesame seeds for a zesty, speedy dinner. Serve with: Quinoa and grilled asparagus.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, (see Ingredient Note)
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-sesame pesto.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: Sesame seeds can be purchased already toasted. Look for them near other Asian ingredients. Or toast your own in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Tip: To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 168
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 21% Cholesterol 63mg
- 8% Potassium 294mg
- 12% Sodium 299mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 48% Protein 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.