Makes: 4 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Take advantage of convenient mini ("baby") carrots to make this simple but sophisticated classic French side dish.
- 3 cups mini carrots, (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 74
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- 2% Cholesterol 5mg
- 8% Potassium 287mg
- 10% Sodium 236mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 2% Protein 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.