Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Curry-spiced apricot sauce jazzes up lean turkey cutlets in a looks-exotic-but-is-really-easy way. Don't overcook the cutlets in Step 1--they continue to cook while resting.
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into four portions (see Ingredient note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup apple or pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint, (optional)
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Pat turkey cutlets dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add garlic, ginger and curry; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add juice and apricots; bring to a simmer. Cook until the apricots are plump and the liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Return the turkey and any accumulated juices to the pan. Cook, turning the cutlets a few times, until coated and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in scallions and mint (if using). Serve immediately, with a dollop of yogurt.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this recipe: cover with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 239
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2g
- 15% Cholesterol 46mg
- 11% Potassium 395mg
- 11% Sodium 275mg
- 12% Dietary Fiber 3g
- 60% Protein 30g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.