Makes: 4 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Slice delicata as thinly as you can, toss it in the steamer and you have an almost instant side dish. We like it tossed with dried cranberries, apricots and sliced almonds, but try it with any dried fruit and nuts you have on hand.
- 1 pound delicata squash, (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider, or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, (see Tip)
- Cut squash in quarters lengthwise; scoop out the seeds. Very thinly slice crosswise.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam the squash until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk oil, cider (or juice), salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the squash, apricots cranberries and chives; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with almonds.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 171
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 12% Potassium 435mg
- 6% Sodium 151mg
- 20% Dietary Fiber 5g
- 4% Protein 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.