Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal gives these chicken nuggets great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Serve with: Steamed broccoli and carrots.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, or raspberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half crosswise (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Mash blackberries (or raspberries), mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat (discard any leftover cornmeal).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook the chicken, turning once or twice, until browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total (thinner nuggets will cook faster than thicker ones). Serve the chicken nuggets with the berry mustard.
Tips & Notes
Tip: Chicken tenders are the lean strips of rib meat typically found attached to the underside of chicken breasts. They can also be purchased separately. Four 1-ounce tenders will yield a 3-ounce cooked portion. Tenders are perfect for quick stir-fries, chicken satay or kid-friendly breaded “chicken nuggets.”
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 184
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 22% Cholesterol 67mg
- 2% Potassium 70mg
- 19% Sodium 452mg
- 8% Dietary Fiber 2g
- 52% Protein 26g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.