Makes: 4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Chipotle peppers add kick to this tofu and broccoli stir-fry recipe. If you’re shy about spice, cut back on the amount or leave them out completely. Serve over brown basmati rice.
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo, (see Tip), seeded if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Drain tofu and pat dry; cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Sprinkle tofu on all sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, stirring every couple of minutes, until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and broccoli to the pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the broccoli is bright green, about 1 minute. Add orange juice and chipotle and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Return the tofu to the pan. Cook, gently stirring, until the tofu is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
Tips & Notes
Tip: Look for the small cans of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with Mexican foods at large supermarkets.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 242
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 11g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 17% Potassium 612mg
- 14% Sodium 337mg
- 16% Dietary Fiber 4g
- 26% Protein 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.