Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
The delicious combination of sweet, tart and savory flavors makes a simple dish the star of a weeknight meal.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives, such as Spanish, Cerignola or cracked green
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted prunes, (dried plums)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add broth and vinegar to the pan; bring to a simmer, stirring. Add olives, prunes and pepper; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 223
- % Daily values *
- 10% Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- 39% Cholesterol 118mg
- 13% Potassium 455mg
- 16% Sodium 394mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 58% Protein 29g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.