Makes: 2 servings, about 8 ounces each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
In this vibrant, healthy carrot-orange juice recipe, we jazz up plain orange juice by adding a yellow tomato, apple and carrots to pack in immune-boosting vitamins A and C. No juicer? No problem. See the juicing variation below to make this carrot-orange juice recipe in a blender.
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 medium orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium apple, cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Working in this order, process tomato, orange, apple and carrots through a juicer according to the manufacturer’s directions. (No juicer? See Tip.)
- Fill 2 glasses with ice, if desired, and pour the juice into the glasses. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
No juicer? No problem. Try this DIY version of blended and strained juice instead: Coarsely chop all ingredients. First, place the soft and/or juice ingredients in the blender and process until liquefied. Then, add the remaining ingredients; blend until liquefied. Cut two 24-inch-long pieces of cheesecloth. Completely unfold each piece and then stack the pieces on top of each other. Fold the double stack in half so you have a 4-layer stack of cloth. Line a large bowl with the cheesecloth and pour the contents of the blender into the center. Gather the edges of the cloth together in one hand and use the other hand to twist and squeeze the bundle to extract all the juice from the pulp. Wear a pair of rubber gloves if you don’t want the juice to stain your hands.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 111
- % Daily values *
- 0% Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 12% Potassium 434mg
- 2% Sodium 38mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 4% Protein 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.