Makes: 12 (2-inch) balls
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This simple recipe for caramel popcorn balls with raisins is fun to make for Halloween.
- 6 heaping cups popped corn
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raisins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. Put popcorn in large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. As soon as the syrup starts to lightly bubble, cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is melted and the mixture darkens, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour the mixture evenly over the popcorn; gently mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated. Gently stir in raisins.
- Dip both hands in the ice water. Working quickly, press small handfuls (heaping 1/4 cup each) of the popcorn mixture firmly into 2-inch balls. (Make sure each ball gets a little bit of the raisins.) Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. If they seem too fragile, rinse hands with cold water and press and squeeze each ball again to help keep it together.
- Let cool completely before storing. To store, individually wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Wrap airtight for up to 2 days, but best the day they are made.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Amount Per ball
- Calories 78
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- 2% Cholesterol 5mg
- 1% Potassium 45mg
- 1% Sodium 16mg
- 4% Dietary Fiber 1g
- 2% Protein 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.