Makes: 6 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Simple ingredients like chicken, bell pepper and artichokes result in a sophisticated warm pasta salad.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 small red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, or 1 14-ounce can, rinsed
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until no longer pink inside, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add peppers, shallots and garlic, and sauté until the peppers are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add to the reserved chicken.
- Add broth, vinegar and rosemary to the pan and bring to a boil. Add artichokes and the reserved pasta and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the reserved chicken mixture to the pan and toss with the pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes
To toast pine nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 374
- % Daily values *
- 5% Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- 16% Cholesterol 48mg
- 15% Potassium 532mg
- 9% Sodium 220mg
- 40% Dietary Fiber 10g
- 56% Protein 28g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.