Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
The best thing about tofu - besides its nutritional value - is the way it carries other flavors, such as the tanginess of this sesame dressing. Serve this warm salad with crunchy breadsticks and a tall glass of iced jasmine tea.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm, water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- Whisk canola oil, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Place tofu and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes total. Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing to the pan and stir to coat.
- Toss greens, carrots and cucumber with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately, topped with the warm tofu.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: The dressing (Step 1) will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Whisk just before using.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Amount Per serving
- Calories 236
- % Daily values *
- 10% Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 8g
- 0% Cholesterol 0mg
- 21% Potassium 749mg
- 19% Sodium 454mg
- 20% Dietary Fiber 5g
- 22% Protein 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Recipe by EatingWell.com
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.